Within the FED-TWIN framework, we offer full-time employment in an intellectually challenging environment: half time at KU Leuven and half time at KIK-IRPA, with starting date September 1 2023.
KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied scientific research. Our university is highly focused on interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research and strives for international excellence. In this regard, the university actively works together with research partners in Belgium and abroad and provides its students with an academic education that is based on high-quality scientific research.
KIK-IRPA is a federal scientific institute falling within the competence of the Federal Ministry of Scientific Policy of Belgium. Our institute is committed to Belgian’s artistic and cultural heritage, playing a prominent role, nationally and internationally, in the interdisciplinary study and conservation-restoration of our heritage and the diffusion of tools for researchers, public authorities, museum conservators and the public.
Because we are looking for junior researchers, at KU Leuven, you will be appointed for 50% on the tenure track for a period of 5 years. At the end of this period and a positive evaluation, you are permanently appointed (or tenured) for 50% as an associate professor. In Belgium, assistant professors are al-lowed to be main supervisor of a PhD and can autonomously apply as principal investigator for research grants. At KIK-IRPA, you will be appointed for 50% on a permanent position as work leader (salary scale SW2).
KU Leuven is well set to welcome foreign professors and their family and provides practical support with regard to immigration & administration, housing, childcare, learning Dutch, partner career coaching, …
To facilitate scientific onboarding and accelerate research in the first phase a starting grant of 110.000 euro is offered to new professors without substantial other funding, appointed for at least 50%.
Different extra-legal benefits are offered both at KU Leuven and KIK-IRPA:
- Flexible schedule and possibility to work occasionally from home.
- Refund of commuting expenses when using public transportation or bicycle.
- Access to special advantages arranged for employees of the federal scientific institutions (e.g. possibility to follow trainings, hospitality insurance).
- The opportunity to interact with several world-class investigators at both institutions, as well as in Europe and abroad (through an established network and research consortia).
- For the KU Leuven contract a salary in grade 14 is offered.
- At KIK-IRPA, the salary will follow federal regulations for the scientific career in the SW2 scale, with possibility to acquire a French-Dutch bilingualism bonus.
- All relevant work experience (public + private sector) will be considered when determining seniority.