The Max-Born Institute for Nonlinear Optics and Short Pulse Spectroscopy (MBI) conducts basic research in the field of nonlinear optics and ultrafast dynamics arising from the interaction of light with matter and pursues applications that emerge from this research. It develops and uses ultrafast and ultra-intense lasers and laser-riven short-pulse light sources in a broad spectral range in combination with methods of nonlinear spectroscopy. The spectral range includes in particular XUV radiation and soft x-rays, where experiments at in-house sources are complemented with the use of accelerator driven sources such as free electron x-ray lasers.
With its research, MBI fulfils a national mission and is an integral part of the international scientific community.
We are looking for a motivated person with education and experience in the development and operation of ultrashort laser systems to join our scientific team on a long-term basis. You will support our lab measurement activities in the area of ultrashort pulse and nonlinear spectroscopy.
· Operation of several state-of-the art femtosecond laser systems.
· Design, development and operation of nonlinear parametric amplifiers and short pulse characterization devices.
· Design and implementation of laser safety devices.
· Support of experimental activities.
· You have received an engineering/master or equivalent degree in optics, photonics and laser technology.
· You are an efficient user of lasers, including femtosecond laser oscillators and amplifiers.
· You have experience in nonlinear optics.
· You are a highly motivated, open-minded person with strong problem-solving skills.
· You communicate in a gentle and effective way. Your English is fluent.
· Qualification in computerized design and ray-tracing of optical components (for instance, Python, ASAP) is appreciated.
· Experience with vacuum technology and equipment is appreciated.
From the first day on you will join our dynamic team of scientists, students, engineers and technicians working on state-of-the-art light source development and experiments in atomic, molecular, condensed phase. You will take part in team projects as well as receive your own area of responsibility with the corresponding room for creativity. With us you will find possibilities of further professional development, yearly technical workshops, options for flexible working time in case of family needs.
We hope for a fruitful long-term cooperation and offer a permanent employment. Salary according to the German TVöD.
If equally qualified, severely handicapped persons are given preference. MBI is an equal-opportunity employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply.
MBI supports the reconcilability of family and working life and is certified by the audit workandfamily (audit berufundfamilie) as a family-friendly employer.
Please use the button "Apply online" and upload your application with curriculum vitae, certificates and a description of previous professional activities electronically via the MBI online recruiting platform at https://mbi-berlin.de/career. The position is open until filled.
For further information and inquires please contact Dr. Tamas Nagy (email@example.com), Dr. Oleg Kornilov (Oleg.Kornilov@mbi-berlin.de) or Dr. Arnaud Rouzée (firstname.lastname@example.org).