The Division Public and Organizational Health / Center of Salutogenesis at the Institute of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Prevention, University of Zurich (UZH), Switzerland focuses on positive health development in a rapidly changing context of work and organizations. Currently, we offer
2 PhD Positions in Work & Health 60%
as of July 1 2021 (or upon agreement)
As full-time PhD students you will participate in a three-year project on health and well-being of employees funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The project investigates how different forms of job, off-job and boundary crafting are interrelated. We examine these patterns as well as important predictors and consequences of crafting over three different time periods: (1) long-term (3-month periods; digital surveys), (2) short-term (daily; ecological momentary assessments over a workweek), and (3) crisis-related (digital surveys before and during the COVID-19 pandemic). This research will inform future development of a crafting app for employees.
In close collaboration with our research team and our Dutch research partner, your main tasks will include the development of research instruments, data collection, analyses, writing scientific publications and conference presentations. You will be part of a research team focusing on work and health as well as on individual and organizational level interventions.
- University Master's degree in social sciences; preferably in psychology or sociology.
- Strong interest and previous knowledge in the field of work, organization, health.
- Experience in planning, conducting, analyzing and writing up empirical research
- Very good knowledge of quantitative research methods and software (SPSS, R)
- Very good knowledge of English
- Commitment, independence, flexibility, enthusiasm for research, ability to work in a team.
- Participation in the PhD program in Epidemiology and Biostatistics of our Institute (upon admission)
- Challenging, holistic and varied work tasks
- Integration into a committed, interdisciplinary research team
- Visiting our research partner at the University of Groningen, NL
- Participation in international conferences
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application electronically by April 28th 2021, selecting the PhD Program Epidemiology & Biostatistics: https://join.lszgs.uzh.ch//?id=registration_track2&perId=46
For further information please contact Prof. Georg Bauer, email@example.com://www.ebpi.uzh.ch/en/aboutus/departments/publichealth/poh.html