Professorship for the subject area Applied mathematics with focus on stochastic algorithms
The Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg (OTH Regensburg) has more than 10,000 students, 250 professors and 700 employees and is therefore one of the largest universities of applied sciences in Bavaria.
The Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics invites applications for a
for the subject area
Applied mathematics with focus on stochastic algorithms
in salary grade W2 from winter semester 2023/24 or later
What to expect:
- An innovative and multicultural work environment at a research-oriented applied sciences university
- A variety of opportunities to shape teaching and research, specifically pertaining to internationalisation within the Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics
- Teaching, predominantly for the newly established International Computer Science degree
- Various possibilities for cooperation within a dynamic environment
We seek to appoint:
- A committed personality who represents the afore mentioned area in teaching and research. Experience with practical applications, as well as in the implementation of modern methods, is desired.
- An expert who strives to apply their teaching and professional competence plus ideally, their international experience to the education and supervision of students. Also, to represent the area of stochastic algorithms in teaching and research
- An enthusiastic professor who can teach foundation modules in English to students in a stimulating manner whether it be in a classroom, online or hybrid scenario
- A colleague who can pro-actively and team oriented engage with both the Faculty and also the University as a whole
- German language proficiency: minimum B2 level
- Experience in one of the fields of stochastic simulation, stochastic optimization, Monte Carlo methods, Markov processes, reinforcement learning
- A stimulating and thriving environment at one of Bavaria’s largest and favourite computer science and mathematics faculties
- Opportunities to collaborate and contribute to course design, particularly in relation to our new International Computer Science degree and also other courses, which regularly achieve high placings in the CHE ranking
- Outstanding infrastructure and equipment in our new faculty building
- Excellent conditions for applied research and further education
- An interdisciplinary environment with focus on research, as well as regional networks with
innovative partners in the industry
Necessary employment qualifications:
- A degree in Mathematics (preferred)
- Excellent research skills and a doctoral degree or equivalent academic achievements
- A pedagogical aptitude; to be demonstrated through, amongst other things, in a trial lesson
- Special achievements in the implementation and development of academic insights and
methods during a minimum of five years of work experience gained after completing your first degree and of which at least three years must have been gained outside of the university sector are a further requirement. If, over a period of at least five years, a considerable portion of your work involved a cooperation between a university and a non- academic employer, this time may be considered to meet the requirements for non- academic work experience in special cases
Based on Bavarian Higher Education Innovation Act (BayHIG)
Appointment to the public service can take place for EU citizens who have not yet reached the age of 52.
The OTH Regensburg has been awarded with the TOTAL E-QUALITY-Rating for exemplary policies ensuring equal opportunities and diversity. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
Our Family Office provides assistance and support.
In the case of broadly equal suitability, ability and professional achievements, severely disabled candidates will be given preference.
We look forward to receiving your convincing application (covering letter, curriculum vitae, certificates confirming qualifications, proof of scientific work) via our online portal at https://www.oth-regensburg.de/die-oth/jobs-und-karriere by 11.06.2023.
For more detailed information, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Sebastian Fischer at Sebastian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTH - Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg
Visit employer page
Algorithms, Applied Mathematics,, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Professor , Stochastics, teaching, Apply