Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry or similar (f/m/x)
The Institute of Materials Physics in Space is one of the leading institutes worldwide in the exploration of fundamental physical properties and the solidification of metallic liquids, soft matter, and granular systems. In addition to experimental work in the laboratory and in microgravity, the institute works on computer simulations and theory to understand the physical phenomena that occur.
The Quantum Computer Initiative is a major project of the German Aerospace Center in the development and use of quantum computers. In the field of materials physics, the initiative aims to lay the foundations for the future effective use of quantum hardware and corresponding algorithms.
As part of the project you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- development of application-oriented algorithms for current and future available quantum computer hardware for solutions in the areas of optimization, machine learning, or ab-initio calculations
- development of quantum computer algorithms and adjustment to current and future available hardware solutions
- elaboration of theoretical foundations for quantum computing
- development of scripts and software for the utilization of available hardware
- publication of results in scientific journals and presentations at international scientific conferences
- degree in physics, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, or biology
- doctorate in one of the subject areas mentioned above
- good programming skills, preferably in C++ and Python
- good English language skills
- preferably research experience in condensed matter theory or in the field of quantum computing in one of the areas of optimization, machine learning, or ab initio
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer