Colloids and interfaces consist of very small or thin structures with linear dimensions between nanometers and micrometers. On the one hand, the possible structures represent a „world of hidden dimensions“. On the other hand, the dynamics and structures of these small entities determine the behavior of much larger systems such as organisms.
Sustainable and Bio-inspired Materials (Director Prof. Dr. Silvia Vignolini) at the Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces (MPI-CI) in Potsdam, Germany announces the position of a
Science Coordinator (m/f/div)
The Science Coordinator supports the Director of the Department of Sustainable and Bio-inspired Materials in coordinating, developing and presenting the research profile of the institute. The tasks of the coordinator are versatile and range from the organization of the departmental event program to the supervision of guests within the guest program and the scientific editing of the activity reports. You advise the scientists on applications for external funding and project planning and are the contact person for the doctoral and postdoctoral students on questions of work organization.
- supporting and advising the director and the research group leaders in research management issues, especially in coordination and mediation tasks of, e.g., collaborations, research controlling issues and in preparing and conducting evaluations
- communication / interface with internal and external partners as well as networking with national and international universities and research institutions
- maintenance of the intranet, social media, and online presence,
- planning, organizing, and participating in various events and meetings, as well as organizing exchange programs and trainings
- process support as interface between scientific department and administration in particular budget management and reports, onboarding processes, support of export processes, preparation of terms of reference for tenders, support in the procurement of investments and in the preparation of major equipment applications
- identifying scientific priorities and strategic guidelines of funding agencies and advising the Director accordingly
- identification of funding opportunities: EU funding programs, national funding programs, foundation funding, etc.
- support in the scientific application process; application for projects in coordination with the administration of third-party funds at the MPI
- an interesting and varied job
- competitive remuneration according to TVöD Bund up to pay group 13
- conditions and social benefits of the public sector
- compatibility of family and career
- subsidy for the job ticket
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The position is available immediately for a period of 24 months. There is an option for a permanent employment contract.
Please submit your application by online application management tool, with subject "Science Coordinator – [Name, Surname]", with attached PDF version of your CV including a publication list and a short motivation letter containing your skills and experiences.
For further information about the institute see https://www.mpikg.mpg.de/.