Computer Scientist or Mathematician (f/m/x)
The Institute for AI Safety and Security provides research and development services in the field of AI-related methods, processes, algorithms and execution environments. The focus is on ensuring safety and security for AI-based solutions in ambitious application classes. “Safety and security by design” is a central aspect in this context, since it directly supports future requirements of safety-critical applications that are based on AI or integrate AI-based components.
Main Research Areas of the Institute for AI Safety and Security are:
- development processes and methods for safety-critical AI applications
- robust and reliable approaches to safeguard AI methods and algorithms
- safety and security in the context of AI-based applications
- management and use of sensitive data
- execution environments for AI-based applications
- innovative computation methods
The department “Safety-Critical Datainfrastructures (SCD)” takes care of the secure use, distribution and management of data. The focus here is on the secure provision of sensitive data stocks in a highly networked infrastructure. Above all, concepts from the “data spaces” area are used for this. The focus here is primarily on technologies in the context of the European initiative GAIA-X (https://www.gaia-x.eu). A main task is the further development of this approach for the use of artificial intelligence and other scenarios with high security requirements for data sovereignty and privacy. The paradigm security-by-design (design concept used in the hardware and software to take the security of the hardware and software into account as early as the development process and to integrate it into the entire life cycle of a product) plays a major role. In order to be able to implement data spaces in the best possible way with real requirements and applications. A central aspect here is the research and analysis of attack scenarios on data spaces, as well as corresponding defensive measures.
The consideration of (highly) secure data spaces for sensitive data is therefore an essential and central part of the portfolio of the KI-SCD department.
The possibility of a doctorate is offered with suitable qualification.
The advertised position includes the following scientific topics:
- Scientific research on studies and specialist information related to procedures and challenges in the development and implementation of decentralized data and service ecosystems / data spaces.
- Systematic research, processing and ongoing updating of the state of the art (current development status of a technology). The information obtained should be made usable in such a way that it results in a guideline/reference. The reference point is the work on data spaces in the GAIA-X project context.
- Familiarization with the underlying subject complex of the Gaia-X Federation Services and the application of the Gaia-X Federation Services.
- Development of possible use cases for data spaces in line with DLR's key areas such as aerospace, energy, transport and security. Derivation of possible scenarios for use in DLR's main topics and possibly other domains that are addressed via projects.
- Implementation of data spaces according to the currently applicable guidelines for demonstration at the institute and in projects within the framework of the project assignment.
- Derivation of options for action for scientific and industrial applications.
- Development and implementation of sustainable extensions for currently available data spaces with regard to data sovereignty, data privacy preservation and robustness. The applicability in the context of complex AI systems should always be considered.
- Research and analysis of potential attack vectors and deception approaches against data spaces with regard to integrity, availability and confidentiality.
- Development of data space countermeasures for attacks and attempts at deception in the context of integrity, availability and confidentiality.
- Analysis of necessary procedural steps for embedding defensive measures in existing process models in the context of IDS and GAIA-X.
- Management of third-party funded and DLR internal projects
- Support in the acquisition of national / European third-party funds.
- completed scientific university degree (master / diploma university) in the formal sciences (e.g. computer science or mathematics) or other courses relevant to the job.
- excellent skills in the area of IT security and general data management
- strong experience in the analysis and implementation of software solutions
- excellent programming skills (in Python)
- skills in the field of artificial intelligence
- competences in the field of databases and cloud/edge technologies as well as IT infrastructures
- knowledge of operational embedding of AI components and systems
- skills in preparing complex scientific contexts
- experience in the application of AI-oriented tools and frameworks
- knowledge of spoken and written English
- knowledge of decentralized data and service ecosystems (such as GAIA-X) desired
- excellent programming skills in the language C / C++ / C# / JAVA welcome
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer