Process engineering, energy technology, renewable energies, mechanical engineering or similar (f/m/x
Around 40% of global CO2 emissions are attributed to the heat supply of industrial processes, heating and hot water supply in buildings. To date, the heating requirements of these sectors are mainly covered using coal, natural gas and crude oil. Do you strive to change this and replace fossil fuels with renewables energies? Then join our team!
The Institute of Technical Thermodynamics of the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Stuttgart, with further research sites in Cologne-Porz, Ulm, Oldenburg and Hamburg conducts research in the field of efficient and resource-saving energy storage and next-generation energy conversion technologies. With about 50 researchers and engineers, the Thermal Process Technology department is the largest German research institution in the field of heat storage and storage-based power-to-heat(-to-power) and has a leading role in Europe and the world in the development of related technologies.
In this position, you support the head of the department in strategic issues and the positioning of the department in the industrial and political environment. You will prepare concepts, reports and statements shaping the department's innovation and transfer strategies. You will be responsible for preparing the content and moderating scientific working groups such as IEA meetings and DLR-internal and external strategy meetings. You design and coordinate interdisciplinary internal and third-party funded projects.
The position is based at the Institute of Technical Thermodynamics at the Stuttgart site. Flexible working hours and mobile workplace concepts are part of our everyday life.
- you have scientific university studies in the field of mechanical engineering, process engineering or industrial engineering or comparable studies or similar with a focus on energy technology
- you have many years of experience in the development, modeling and evaluation of thermal systems and energy storage systems, a PhD degree in a relevant area would be an advantage
- you are enthusiastic about the topic of thermal energy storage and sustainable heat supply for industrial processes and municipalities and bring knowledge in energetic process engineering, thermal process engineering or a related field
- you are used to working independently and on your own responsibility and enrich the different project teams as a team player
- you are well networked in both industry and academia and are familiar with international working groups and committees
- daily communication and exchange in a scientific context as well as writing technical articles and reports in both German and English is easy for you.
- experience in collaborations with industry and research in an international environment is desirable
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer