Physicist, computer scientist, mathematician specialising in AI, quantum computing/machine learning
The Institute for AI Safety and Security provides research and development services in the field of AI-related methods, processes, algorithms and execution environments. The focus is on ensuring safety and security for AI-based solutions in ambitious application classes. “Safety and security by design” is a central aspect in this context, since it directly supports future requirements of safety-critical applications that are based on AI or integrate AI-based components.
Your research in the group of advanced AI methods will be focused on the development, application and evaluation of artificial intelligence on quantum computers. A central aspect of this work is the testing of quantum programs on simulators and NISQ devices to provide working algorithms for the DLR. Within our projects, access to different quantum computing architectures is available. Besides the algorithms themselves, the evaluation includes the whole pipeline including data encoding and pre- and postprocessing.
At the moment, our group focuses on the following topics:
- quantum tensor networks and their application in machine learning Data encoding for quantum AI applications
- heuristic and mathematical ansaetze for evaluating quantum AI algorithms
- hybrid quantum-classical AI methods
- exploration of application scenarios of quantum AI in in aviation and space as well as in the fields of energy and transport
Your results and findings are essential for identifying future applications for novel AI methods. You will closely work together with experts from other branches of the Institute for AI Safety and Security as well as external partners.
The opportunity to work on a PhD thesis can be offered, when the suitable qualification is given.
- degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or comparable disciplines from a scientific university
- competencies in Quantum Computing or Quantum Information
- competencies in different areas of AI
- proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- competencies in Quantum Machine-Learning desireable
- competencies in Quantum Mechanics welcome
- competencies in Statistics or Information Theory optimal
- ideally Competencies for structuring complex scientific work areas
- experience in the context of scientific projects welcome
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
DLR - Helmholtz / Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt
Visit employer page
AI, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, Machine Learning, Mathematician, Mathematics, Physicist, Physics, Quantum Computing, Apply
More jobs from this employer