C++ Software Engineer or similar (f/m/x)
In the framework of the EU Copernicus Sentinel-5, Sentinel-4, and Sentinel-5 Precursor missions, DLR’s Remote Sensing Technology Institute plays a leading role in the development of processing systems and algorithms for the accurate determination of atmospheric composition gases like ozone, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, formaldehyde, glyoxal, as well as aerosol and cloud properties. These algorithms are used operationally in near-real-time and off-line processing environments.
The tasks are carried out in close cooperation with national and international partners. We offer an excellent work environment and provide the opportunity to collaborate with leading scientists in the field of satellite-based atmospheric remote sensing.
We are interested in highly motivated people who deliver high quality work. The holder of the post is encouraged to present scientific results at international conferences and publish in scientific journals.
The holder of the position will be responsible for the following tasks:
Development of software systems in modern C++ for the retrieval of atmospheric trace gas parameters:
- implementation of software for operational 24/7 systems
- analysis and design of retrieval software for the atmospheric Sentinel missions
- further development of existing systems, particularly for the Sentinel-5, Sentinel-4, and Sentinel-5 Precursor missions
- integration of the retrieval systems in operational ground segments for data processing in near real-time and offline mode
- development and improvement of novel scientific algorithms
- research in the field of machine learning for retrieval algorithms
- documentation of the software and execution of test runs covering the following main aspects:
- documentation of software, used test procedures, and test results
- participation in test campaigns
- analysis of test data
- university degree (diploma, master) in informatics, computer science, engineering sciences or an equivalent field is required
- at least 3 years of proven experience with code development in C++ (11/14/17) is required
- practical experience with software development under Linux/Unix including necessary tools (for example: GitLab, CMake, GCC, Eclipse) is required
- good knowledge of numerical mathematics and associated routines and libraries is required
- hands-on experience in developing multi-threaded applications is required
- passionate for producing high-quality, production-ready and well-tested code is required
- team spirit and experience in project work is required
- good knowledge of the English language
- experience with scripting languages such as Python is advantageous
- sound knowledge in the area of scientific algorithm development and machine learning is an asset
- knowledge in satellite-based remote sensing of the atmosphere is an asset
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer