Mathematician, Physicist, Engineer or similar (f/m/x)
We model and simulate physicochemical processes in batteries and fuel cells. Our thermodynamic models describe reaction and transport of ions with partial differential equations. Our quantum chemical models describe the reactions of atoms on electrode surfaces. Together with experimental partners, we thus develop and optimize energy storage devices, e.g., in the Ulm Cluster of Excellence POLiS for Post-Lithium Batteries.
Would you like to shape the material simulation of the future? Then join our team on quantum simulations and develop algorithms to describe reaction and transport processes in batteries. You will be able to test your algorithms for solving of partial differential equations on quantum computers. You benefit from your own creative freedom and individual support.
- you develop new mathematical models and methods for simulating electrochemical energy storage devices on quantum computers
- you will gain experience with real quantum hardware via our industrial and experimental partnerships, while maintaining an academic perspective
- you will author scientific publications and give presentations at national and international conferences
- you have a scientific university degree in a natural science or engineering subject (e.g. in the Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, or similar) with very good results
- your good English helps you to communicate in our international team
- theory and simulation fascinate you
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer