Computer scientist, engineer, physicist or mathematician or similar (f/m/x)
The Institute for AI Safety and Security provides research and development services in the field of AI-related methods, processes, algorithms and execution environments. The focus is on ensuring safety and security for AI-based solutions in ambitious application classes. “Safety and security by design” is a central aspect in this context, since it directly supports future requirements of safety-critical applications that are based on AI or integrate AI-based components.
Main Research Areas of the Institute for AI Safety and Security are:
- development processes and methods for safety-critical AI applications
- robust and reliable approaches to safeguard AI methods and algorithms
- safety and security in the context of AI-based applications
- management and use of sensitive data
- execution environments for AI-based applications
- innovative computation methods
In the Institute’s focus area of AI Engineering you work on innovative development processes and methods as well as technologies and execution environments for the implementation of safety-critical AI-based applications. In particular, in domains like aviation, space, energy and transport, those contributions are of high relevance. By an in-depth analysis of current development processes for safety-critical applications you identify requirements for suitable AI methods and technologies as well as their execution environments in the context of safety-critical applications. The according improvement of AI
methods/technologies and execution environments will be realized by joint activities with experts from other research areas of the Institute for AI Safety and Security or external research and development partners. Based on this, you are responsible for the instantiation of demonstrators which allow the critical reflection of results and gained insights within practically relevant applications as well as test and assessment procedures.
By this you contribute to the safety-oriented introduction of AI-based solutions in ambitious application classes.
The opportunity to work on a PhD thesis can be offered, when the suitable qualification is given.
- degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or comparable disciplines from a scientific university
- competencies in different areas of AI
- competencies in the field of testing of technical and software-rich components/systems as well as proofs of safety
- competencies in the field of execution environments
- proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- experience with project management
- experience with conceptional design and implementation of appropriate software and methods
- experience with simulation tools
- experience applying tests using simulation environments
- practical programming experience of software components and frameworks, ideally with Python and Docker
- competencies for structuring complex scientific work areas
- experience in the context of scientific projects
- experience in the implementation of software solutions
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
DLR - Helmholtz / Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt
Visit employer page
Germany, Sankt AugustinCategories:
AI, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, Engineer, Engineering, Mathematician, Mathematics, Physicist, Physics, Apply