The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated age- related diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The Computational BiologyGroupheaded by Prof. Steve Hoffmann invites applications for a
Postdoc in Bioinformatics (m/f/d)
Tasks and Challenges:
The Computational Biology Group’s primary interest is to contribute to a better understanding of the epigenetic control of tran- scription. In one of our exciting research projects, we are analyzing large and novel biological data sets from malignant child- hood cancers. Therefore, we are looking for a postdoctoral researcher who would be keen to unravel epigenomic and tran- scriptomic mechanisms leading to cancer. Among other things, this project requires the identification of differentially methylat- ed regions, differentially expressed genes, chromatin segments, and the integration of our data with public resources. The Post- Doc will have the opportunity to take the lead in carrying out and coordinating the activities in data analysis and is supporting our team of experimentalists and clinicians. www.leibniz-fli.de/research/research-groups/hoffmann/
Requirements and Profile:
Candidates should bring some experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team. Also, a background in statistics, data sci- ence, or applied genome informatics would undoubtedly be of help. Advanced programming skills in R are highly desirable. The group's wet-lab resources, as well as strong international collaborations, will help to quickly validate and test the hypothesis - making this project even more exciting!
· Strong Interest in the development and application of methods for big data analysis
· Advanced programming skills in R, Strong commitment and work ethic
· A position in a well-equipped and multi-disciplinary Research Group of a high quality institute for age research, which har- bours several state-of-the-art facilities. Our work is embedded in the Beutenberg Campus, an interdisciplinary base for inno- vative research, Productive collaborations and plentiful opportunities to further develop professional skills
· A position integrated in the FLI PostDoc Network. The Network promotes interdisciplinary collaborations involving clinician scientists, basic scientists and bioinformaticians and supports career development and postdoctoral training courses
· A contract which is limited for two years initially. The contract conditions and the salary will be according to the collective labour agreement for public service employees of the federal states of Germany (TV-L E13)
· Flexible working time, a family friendly working environment including support for child care solutions and dual career
Candidates are encouraged to send their application (Job-ID 20/02) latest by March 31st, 2020
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by mail: Leibniz-Institut fu?r Alternsforschung—Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. one single-pdf-document Personalabteilung Beutenbergstraße 11 | 07745 Jena