Information technology engineer, communications engineer, computer engineer or similar (f/m/x)
Mobility has a high priority in our society. People want to reach their destination safely, comfortably and quickly. Goods must be transported cost-effectively over short and long distances. The consequences of mobility can be seen in environmental pollution, accidents and traffic jams, which increase with the ever-growing volume of traffic. These are the challenges we face at the Institute of Transportation Systems. We develop solutions for the safe and efficient mobility of the future.
Traffic management is the key to increasing road traffic efficiency. What is needed here are new concepts for the organisation and operation of transport. We deliver them as the result of well-founded research. Important: The corresponding information on the current traffic situation must be recorded as the basis for all traffic control procedures. The tasks can thus be divided into two areas: the development of innovative methods for monitoring traffic (traffic recording) and the development of methods for influencing traffic flows (traffic influencing). The Institute's work focuses primarily on the management of large transport systems, for example in conurbations and at catastrophes and major events.
The “Cooperative Systems ” department researches, designs and demonstrates automated and cooperative integrated networks within an interlinked, digitalised transport system aimed at addressing global challenges, thereby paving the way for new mobility solutions and the optimisation of rescue mobility. For this purpose, we focus in particular on the coordinated, cooperative interaction of vehicles, infrastructure components, services in background systems and edge computing, mobile devices, and the users, operators and affected persons in the traffic area and in remote-operation control centres.
Your activities will focus on the direct development and integration work relating to the system design and implementation of networked systems in the transport of the future, thereby utilising and combining various communication technologies (ITS-G5, 5G, C-V2X, NTN) in our test fields and test vehicles.
- development and implementation of specific solutions in the field of new networked and cooperative vehicle functions
- content-related collaboration on national and international projects, including - depending on your skills - sub-project management and project management
- further development and integration of software and hardware modules for the test fields and test vehicles
- adaptation of software modules to project-specific test requirements; execution of experimental test and measurement drives
- collaboration on standardisation endeavours and standardisation activities [RS1]
- presentation of project results to the clients, experts and the public
The position also offers the possibility of business spin-offs. Should you develop innovative ideas or solution approaches during your work that you would like to bring to market as an independent company, DLR Technology Marketing will thereby provide you with support.
- completed scientific university degree in the field of information technology, communication technology or similar
- very good knowledge of ETSI ITS standards and experience in the implementation of ITS-G5, C-V2X and 5G communication
- knowledge of ETSI ITS standards and in the implementation of vehicle-to-vehicle communication
- knowledge of software engineering, in Java, Python or C++
- experience in agile software development as well as CI/CD and DevOps methods
- understanding of complex interrelationships and an analytical approach
- systematic working approach, motivation and commitment
- good command of English, both written and spoken
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.