PhD position Modeling of novel batteries
We model and simulate physicochemical processes in batteries. Our models are based on thermodynamics and describe reaction and transport of ions with partial differential equations. Together with experimental partners, we develop and optimize novel batteries, e.g. in the Ulm Cluster of Excellence POLiS for post-lithium batteries.
Would you like to help shape the battery systems of the future? Then join our team on zinc batteries and research resource-saving zinc-nickel batteries for stationary energy storage. Your models and simulations deal with different length scales: from single atoms to whole battery cell. Benefit from your own creative freedom and individual support.
Your tasks in this position:
- You will design new mathematical models and methods for zinc batteries.
- You will be responsible for scientific publications and presentations at national and international conferences.
- You will support our experimental, international project partners in industry and academia.
- Theory and simulation fascinate you.
- You have completed your physics, engineering, mathematics or chemistry studies with very good results.
- Your good English helps you to communicate in our international team.
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
PD Dr. Birger Horstmann
Institute of Technical Thermodynamics
Phone: +49 711 6862-8254
HR department Stuttgart
DLR site Ulm
DLR Institute of Engineering Thermodynamics
More jobs from this employer