Postdoctoral Position in Biology / Biomedicine (100%)
with focus on mouse models of atherosclerosis
The Nanomedicine Research Group at the University Hospital Basel is seeking a highly motivated postdoc in biology or biomedicine to carry out in vivo studies with proprietary nanomaterials in mice and participate in the founding of a startup.
The Nanomedicine Research Group focuses on targeted therapy of atherosclerosis applying its own polymeric nanocarriers. Its multidisciplinary research takes place at the interface of biology, medicine, and chemistry. The current project is intended to co-evolve with a university spin-off company.
- Plan and execute in vivo studies in a murine model of atherosclerosis
- Perform immunohistochemistry, histology, and flow cytometry of tissues
- Be involved in imaging of mice
- Interact with pharmacologic scientists/regulators and business advisors
- PhD in biology or related discipline
- Relevant work experience in preparation, processing and analysis of mouse aortic tissues
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly motivated and committed
We offer you
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- The chance to become involved in various functions in a startup company
The preferred start date of this position is beginning of June 2022. Project duration is at least one year.
More jobs from this employer