Head of Research Unit Power Electronic System Characterization and Reliability
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishment of a dedicated research unit focusing on multidomain characterization of power electronic components and systems
- Setting up and managing of research project together with different industrial and scientific partners.
- Definition and leading of funded research projects.
- Shaping the division research program and project portfolio together with supervisors and peers
- Research unit budget and resource planning and controlling
- Overall, encouraging the research unit towards generation of high-quality research findings, scientific excellence and economic impact.
- Multiphysics characterization of power semiconductor devices (especially wide bandgap) and passive components, with focus on electrical and thermal domains modelling of aging, fatigue, and other lifetime-related aspects for power electronic devices, circuits, and components.
- Development of appropriate tools for lifetime investigations and in situ management nonlinear, coupled dynamic modeling and computer simulation of power electronic circuits, passive components, and semiconductor devices
- Model-experiment correlation
- Power semiconductor gate driving techniques, with a focus on emerging, active techniques
- PhD degree in electrical engineering, electronics, applied physics or related fields with a specialization in power electronics.
- Having at least 4 years of experience in power electronic component and system characterization (electrical, thermal) including aging and reliability aspects
- Strong scientific track record as evidenced by publications, invited lectures, etc. knowledge of semiconductor physics is a plus
- Experience with 3D heterogeneous integration methods and PCB embedding technologies in power electronics
- Experience with multi-physics numerical simulation
- Strong programming ability with Python, Matlab, or similar language
- Multi-year experience in planning and execution of research and development projects with scientific targets
- Experience with the Austrian and European funding landscape
- Active industrial and academic network
- Project management skills
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural team
- Innovative and keen on finding solutions for applied research challenges
- Leadership qualities, the ability to inspire, promote and motivate young scientists and researchers to achieve their best performance
- Oral and written communication skills in English
Beginning of the employment: 01.10.2020
This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 80.000 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.
More jobs from this employer