Biology Research Assistant
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to join the Central Visual Circuits & Human Retinal Circuits Groups.
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged and your knowledge expanded.
The Central Visual Circuits & Human Retinal Circuits aim at understanding vision and its diseases and at designing new therapies to restore vision. The research assistant will collaborate with postdoctoral fellows, students and researchers. Main work will be in the area of histology, molecular biology, animal work and lab maintenance.
- Vector construction and molecular cloning;
- Support of rodent colony management (breeding, genotyping, etc.);
- Tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, and fluorescent microscopy;
- Support of PhD students and postdocs in their research activities in the two Groups;
- General administrative support and maintenance of the lab.
- Biology lab assistant (or equivalent education) with several years of experience or Bachelor's/Master's Degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology or related field;
- Relevant work experience in animal work, LTK1 certificate or equivalent is a plus;
- Independence in the planning, realization, analysis and troubleshooting of standard molecular biology experiments;
- Enthusiasm to establish and optimize new protocols and techniques;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and skilled with computer work;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both in English and German.
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com by October 3rd, 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writing the reference number (IOB061) on the subject line.
For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact Serena Curtoni, firstname.lastname@example.org .