Junior Scientist (m/f/d) for 6G Cell Free Systems
- In the project DEDICATE we are investigating revolutionary new technologies for energy efficient, highly reliable and low latency 6G communication systems.
- As part of our research team, you will work with AIT’s world-first cell free software defined radio system to investigate the future architecture of 6G communication systems.
- You create numerical geometry-based radio propagation models for cell-free massive MIMO systems based on empirical measurement data.
- You explore algorithms for data detection using wide distributed antenna elements.
- You engage in collaborative research activities with industry partners to explore 6G cell free designs.
- In addition to journal publications, you will represent AIT at international conferences and present your results to the scientific community.
- Our focus is applied research - Your innovative algorithms will be tested in a real-time scenario using the AIT cell free testbed and you will be able to continuously improve your technologies.
- You will participate in national and European research projects – These projects lead to exciting new developments, allowing you to continuously enhance your own knowledge and skills.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related field
- Knowledge in numerical simulation tools (MATLAB, Python) and software defined radio systems is a plus
- Ability to combine theoretical reasoning with practical applications and experimentations
- Ability to integrate in a multinational research team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, readiness to acquire German language skills
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 45.836,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training, and career opportunities.
We encourage our junior scientist (m/f/d) to pursue a doctoral degree at the Vienna University of Technology.
As part of our AIT-PhD programme, which is carried out with renowned universities, you will have the opportunity to conduct your PhD thesis in collaboration with our experts and our national and international project partners from industry or other research organisations.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter, and certificates online.