PhD Quantum computation, Physics, Mathematics or similar (f/m/x)
The aim of the DLR Institute of Quantum Technologies in Ulm is to develop precision instruments for space applications based on quantum technologies and, in close cooperation with industry, mature them into prototypes. It thus provides a bridge between fundamental research and industry. Together with the DLR-Institute for Satellite Geodesy and Inertial Sensing in Hannover and the Galileo Competence Center in Oberpfaffenhofen, the institute in Ulm plays a pioneering role in these fields of research and application. The research of the four core departments Quantum Metrology, Quantum Information and Communication, Quantum Nanophysics, and Quantum Control of Charged Matter Waves is complemented by support from three cross-sectional departments of Quantum Engineering, Integration of Micro- and Nanosystems, and Theoretical Quantum Physics. The institute works in an interdisciplinary way, where fundamental theoretical research and experimental tests meets engineering.
We are looking for you to take on a position in the department of "Theoretical Quantum Physics" for supporting our project QLearning. In this project, we develop quantum algorithms for reinforcement learning and implement them on experimental quantum computers from the DLR quantum computing initiative. Do a doctorate in quantum computing and support this project by modelling quantum systems and explore possibilities to implement multi-qubit quantum gates which are necessary for implementing the developed quantum algorithms. Be part of our team that provides important, interdisciplinary cross-sectional services for the supervision and preparation of quantum experiments of the other departments of the institute. Profit from the professional training and networking possibilities offered by the quantum computing initiative of the DLR. Be part of our team and build with us the foundations of future quantum computers.
- perform scientific work in the area of theoretical quantum physics and quantum computation and do your doctorate
- model quantum systems and investigate their potential for implementing quantum algorithms
- implement and test quantum algorithms on noisy intermediate scale quantum computers
- transfer theoretical concepts into experiments.
- present the obtained results in scientific journals as well as national and international conferences
- University degree (master or comparable) in physics, mathematics or information science
- excellent knowledge in theoretical physics and especially theoretical quantum physics
- knowledge in quantum information preferable
- programming skills (C, Python, …) are also preferable
- fluent in written and oral English
- ability to work within a team of scientists and technicians
- passion for research and science
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer