JUNIOR SCIENTIST PHOTONIC SYSTEMS INTEGRATION (F/M/D)
In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems.
SAL – a great place to research.
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, design and fabrication of integrated, (multi-) functional optical & photonic devices and systems
- R&D into new photonic packaging concepts and technologies, in close collaboration with SAL’s research unit Heterogeneous Integration Technologies
- Smart integration of functional MEMS/MOEMS components, in collaboration with SAL’s research unit Microsystems
- Device / system prototyping and validation, data analysis and interpretation
- Scientific publication of achievements in both journals and at pertinent conferences
- M.Sc. (or higher) in Physics, Engineering or a related subject, with focus on optics/photonics
- Good understanding of optical/photonic principles
- Engineering and design experience
- Good knowledge of material physics and manufacturing technologies
- Data analysis and related scientific programming skills (MatLab, Python, Mathematica etc.)
- Preferably (first) experience with micro-fabrication / cleanroom processes
- Innovative, autonomous and well-organised
- Keen on bringing scientific findings into application, creating tangible innovation
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- Preferably conversational language competences in German
Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible
This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with € 43.820.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.
More jobs from this employer