Physicist, Computer Scientist, Mathematican or similar (f/m/x)
The Institute for AI Safety and Security provides research and development services in the field of AI-related methods, processes, algorithms and execution environments. The focus is on ensuring safety and security for AI-based solutions in ambitious application classes. “Safety and security by design” is a central aspect in this context, since it directly supports future requirements of safety-critical applications that are based on AI or integrate AI-based components.
Main Research Areas of the Institute for AI Safety and Security are:
- development processes and methods for safety-critical AI applications
- robust and reliable approaches to safeguard AI methods and algorithms
- safety and security in the context of AI-based applications
- management and use of sensitive data
- execution environments for AI-based applications
- innovative computation methods.
As part of the project Quant2AI you will develop evaluation techniques for quantum machine learning applications with regard to future practical applications.
Your main task is to develop metrics for possible quantum advantages, implementing quantum problems and data for the evaluation process and developing and executing programs on quantum computers. For this task, access to several different quantum hardware architectures will be available within Quant2AI.
Your results and findings are essential for future applications in aviation, space as well as in the fields of energy and transport to identify applications for novel AI methods. You will closely work together with experts from other branches of the Institute for AI Safety and Security as well as external partners.
The opportunity to work on a PhD thesis can be offered, when the suitable qualification is given.
- degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or comparable disciplines from a scientific university
- competencies in Quantum Computing or Quantum Information
- competencies in different areas of AI
- proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- competencies in Quantum Machine-Learning are desirable
- ideally competencies in Quantum Mechanics
- preferably competencies in Statistics or Information Theory
- competencies for structuring complex scientific work areas are desirable
- experience in the context of scientific projects is a plus
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer