Computer Scientist or similar (f/m/x)
The Unified Modelling Language (UML) is an essential asset in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). Unfortunately, UML is based on a fixed meta model providing classes and objects only. Multi Level Modeling (MLM) is breaking with this paradigm. It offers the notion of a Clabject, which is a hybrid of a Class and Object. With this new element it is possible to chain instantiations across multiple levels. This is a promising approach to simplify the models used in MBSE and to improve accessibility for our engineers.
Your mission is to conduct your doctoral studies in the fields of MLM and MBSE. Part of this activity is to:
- transform existing models and metamodels with methods of MLM
- investigate the state of the art ion MLM
- extend and adjust existing methods
- integrate your approaches into the MBSE Framework Virtual Satellite
- write your doctoral thesis,
- exchange with scientists in the field of MLM
If you enjoy developing software, and you want to become a part of our team, we are looking forward for your application. We are interested in highly motivated people, delivering high quality work. We offer the freedom to bring in your own ideas and research topics. You have the possibility to create new projects and to research in an exciting environment.
You are encouraged to publish scientific results on international conferences and in scientific journals. Working in part time is an option we can offer.
- knowledge in MBSE in context of spacecraft engineering would be an extra asset
- knowledge of Multi Level Modelling is an extra asset
- you have a Master in Computer Science or similar
- you have knowledge in the field of modelling with UML
- you have knowledge in software development with Java and Eclipse
- you have knowledge of Software engineering tools like GitHub and Continuous Integration
- you are a team player, creative, and able to work independent and self-motivated
- you are required to publish and travel to national and international conferences
- you are fluent in spoken and written English (knowledge of German is an asset)
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
More jobs from this employer