Post Doc Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Post Doc Data Scientist (m/f/d)
The Hospital of the University of Munich, Germany, is one of the largest and most competitive university hospitals in Germany and Europe. 48 specialized hospitals, departments and institutions harbouring excellent research and education provide patient care at the highest medical level with around 11.000 employees.
Scope of duties
- To undertake high quality research, including contributing to drafting grant proposals
- To contribute to peer-reviewed publications and other outputs, including as lead author
- To make a contribution to doctoral student supervision and teaching, as appropriate to qualifications and experience
- To conduct research using health data generated in longitudinal diagnostic accuracy cohorts to improve decision-making in the presence of uncertainty and complexity, focusing primarily on making the best choices based on available information and maximizing the use of existing data
- To implement analyses and triangulate evidence from different methods, such as decision and risk analysis, simulation modelling, statistical inference, computer science, and machine learning
- To generate artificial/in-silico populations (produced by means of computer modelling or computer simulation)
- To critically interpret findings and disseminate these through high-quality academic publications, conferences and other forms of dissemination that lead to appropriate translation or impact
- A postgraduate degree, ideally a doctoral degree, in a relevant topic (such as epidemiology, statistics, mathematics, or informatics)
- Excellent experience in data science: analysing and interpreting health data using conventional and more advanced statistical methods including modelling and the generation of artificial/in-silico populations
- Relevant experiences working with large datasets
- Excellent proficiency in R or Python
- Good understanding of medical statistics and epidemiology and experience of presenting research results to diverse audiences
- Contributions to written output, preferably peer-reviewed, as expected by the subject area/discipline in terms of types and volume of outputs
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a research team, and proven ability to meet research deadlines
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Evidence of good organizational skills, including effective time management
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of German would be an advantage
- The Tropical Institute at LMU Klinikum (Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine) specializes in conducting clinical research in Africa.
- The post holder will be responsible for conducting and interpreting high quality research to improving children health, in particular childhood tuberculosis, as part of an international and interdisciplinary team. The project aims to increase access to safe and effective tuberculosis management for children by making the best use of available data, and thus reduce TB mortality in the Global South.
- We are looking for someone who has experience of working with health data, preferably in the context of infectious diseases, and has strong analytical and modelling skills. The post holder will be able to complete different analytical methods using health data, such as decision and risk analysis, simulation modelling, statistical inference, computer science, and machine learning, primarily for the context of diagnostic decision making.
- The position is temporary with the possibility of extension, the post holder will be expected to relocate to Munich.
- We work in a creative academic environment on the development and evaluation of improved therapies and diagnostics, primarily for poverty-associated infectious diseases, and conduct epidemiological studies. Our center for international clinical studies evaluates new HIV and TB drugs in collaboration with African and European partners.
- We are looking for a highly motivated experienced research fellow to join our rapidly growing team at the Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine.
- Remuneration is based on the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Länder (TV-L) including all allowances customary in the public sector.
Frau Dr.med. Olbrich, Laura
+49 89 4400 59803
Please use the Online-Form for your application
Disabled persons will be preferentially considered in case of equal qualification. Presentation costs cannot be refunded.
Please note that we cannot reimburse travel expenses incurred through interviews.
We ask you for your understanding that postal applications will not be returned, but will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations. The data usage information also applies to postal applications